December 18, 2008

Who let the girls out?

Monday was quite a reunion with two of my girlfriends. We hadn’t been a complete trio like that in a long, long time. It was an unexpected stroke of goodluck that brought us together in one city at the same time and as we giggled and cackled all over each other, we knew we were going to make the most of it before we had to pack our bags and split again. So we sat down to catch up and it was like reliving together the experiences we had while apart. By the end of the day, we had satisfied some girl- deep psychological/ emotional need to rejuvenate our bond which distance had strained and reassure the doubts that absence tends to create. What did we talk about ? Boys mostly. Who we’d met for love, who we’d met for friendship and who we shouldn’t have met at all (not you silly!). Everyone took turns being grilled on the hot seat . Occasionally someone would assume the role of mother hen, disapproving of a confessed tryst till the culprit yelled desperate for understanding “let me tell it as it is!” then we would laugh and back off as explanations tumbled out. We moved on to important matters: scrutinizing each others make- up bags! What was good, what was new and who had stepped up their game. We didn’t miss the changes we saw in each other either.Who got rounder and where? Guys, you’ve got to laugh at the things girls are wired to enjoy! You just might be thoroughly amused or completely embarrassed in their company.You never know what would come flying out their mouths, past your unsuspecting ears! Heaven deliver us!!!


MEMOIRS...of a different kind

The year is coming to a fulfilling end and as i look back i’m excited to see how far i’ve come.God let me leap and bound over many hurdles with ease. Before the year began i had passionately declared that in 2008, the bible would influence me more than anything else. I also acquired an amplified version of it to add to my collection of bibles(I love the shades of meaning it adds to everything) . Surprisingly, this year i had a number of both significant and outstanding experiences that made me happy i made that decision. Let me explain...


I was constantly and consistently pondering over the meaning of large portions of scripture i selected from the bible. I would read a complete thought and hold it in my mind long enough to explore every angle of sense it made to me before moving on to the next line. During that period i was doing this i noticed somethings. I have this phobia for very loud sounds like thunder or the drowning noise of a plane flying really low and i would be gripped with fear however momentarily when this occurred. During this period i noticed that i stopped responding to the panic that would normally grip me and when i heard loud noises i didn’t even remember to associate them to danger.I was immune and there wasn’t the slightest trace of anxiety in me at all. The second experience had to do with anger. If you’ve ever been really mad at someone then you’d realise its very difficult to be angry and sin not. Sin in this case might mean berating the other person or being very spiteful and mean because you feel anger. I was in a situation once were i was very angry at something a loved one did which i needed to confront. The other person got very defensive and soon i felt angrier trying to make my point but inside there was an inner restraint that kept a guard on my lips and the rising anger didn’t control the words i chose or the situation. As soon as it was over i was able to flow back into a pleasant and sweet disposition as if nothing had happened. No anger left over! The last experience i will share was one in which at that period in time it was as if God had my back completely; things just worked out. In one instance i was in an uncomfortable position and i just wished to myself that such and such would happen and just as it occurred to me to pray to God that he would make it happen, it just happened. Even before the words could escape out of my lips. These are memoirs of a different kind indeed but i feel God made me experience them to authenticate the power in his word to me. Has it happened to you?Do tell.



I wish you a CHERRY christmas and a HEARTY new year!

The excitement of christmas is contagious. Everything about the season tells you to be of good cheer. From the break from work to the christmas bonus and then the bold reds , greens and golds attacking you on every corner ; there’s something to be cheerful about this season. I feel christmas crowns the year. Once the celebrating and felicitating grudgingly comes to an end, the realisation that another year has come sets in and every one faces the approaching year with more serious thoughts and some firm decision making. I always prefer to be deliberate about entering into a new year. I like to be in a place spiritually where i’m sensitive to the things God impresses on my heart about the approaching year. So i prepare my heart to hear. Last year i did a three day fast over the last three days of 2007 and into the new year. In that mood/state of mind/ heart atitude i was attracted to a verse of scripture that set the tone for my life style this year.Truth is i did many things this year that were motivated out of an effort to be close to God and be on point with him and that wasn’t all me ! What i am going to do this year remains to be written, maybe next christmas but till then have a cherry christmas and a hearty new year!

3 comments:

  1. Atta girl! The sweetness of a sincere heart is so endearing;i liked it! Great stuff ahead babe

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You just might be thoroughly amused..." thanks for the info.

    Compliments of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its just so typical of you to leave out the really good stuff... next time you start a gossip don't you dare leave out the juicy details. Anyways it sure did sound like fun. I am curious though, why do we gotta make 80% of y'all discussions? guys I mean. Make ona leave us o!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...