November 29, 2012

Ditch the mirror, ask the boyfriend!

I have never met a mirror I didn’t love but I am really beginning to hate the mirror in the office. The other day as I walked over to the sink to wash my hands during a pee break, I caught a glimpse of myself and shrunk in horror.  There were gaping spaces in my eye brows and the pimples which I thought were tiny were peering back at me with brazen confidence. Then I started to feel tardy and a little grumpy until I met up with The boyfriend for lunch.

He noticed I wasn’t as cheerful as usual and asked what the matter was. “Nothing” came the reply. I wasn’t going to say how “unbeautiful” I was feeling. So lunch ended and we headed to the car park. As I walked through the doors, I saw copies of my reflection on them.  My attention was drawn to the scars from a chicken pox infection years ago and by the time I took another look in the car window, I was ready to break every piece of glass I saw!

“What’s wrong?” he asked, observing me slam the car door shut. It all came tumbling out then and The boyfriend just listened with a patient smile on his face.

“Baby, you are beautiful” he said, “Those mirrors have nothing on you”. Five minutes later I was back on top of the world realizing that the office mirror had only amplified the imperfection on my face and I had fallen into the trap of seeing the worst not appreciating the best.

Two days later, while at home I picked up my makeup mirror and scanned my face. I spotted a freshly delivered patchwork of pink faced pimples on my left cheek and fled into the bathroom to my stash of toners, cleansers and scrubs all with the prescribed 5% Salicylic acid. I then dashed back to the mirror hoping my desperate antics would have restored my skin to velvety smoothness. Alas, the pimples remained. This time I didn’t seat down and ask the mirror on the wall, after all it had once been unkind in telling me if I was the fairest of them all. I just grabbed my phone and called my boyfriend.

11 comments:

  1. Hahahahha, nice 1.
    Hearing those simple words from the one who loves you gives the famous butterflies in your tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heheheheheh.. i love this! boyfriend to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nike for the records, i don't mind mirrors, so ditching it is only natural. And why don't i mind mirrors? it's simple, people mostly bypass my facial looks to smile more at the words natural typical of me.
    in other words, i think the boyfriend sees beyond the goosebumps, thick brow lines ans the pinkish dots. the boyfriends sees more... he sees a valuable treasure of a good woman with good a heart.
    awesome piece

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boyfriend... Boyfriend of my heart, who is the fairest of them all? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent article. Keep writing such kind of info on your blog.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hello there, You have performed an incredible job.
    I will definitely digg it and in my opinion suggest to my friends.
    I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.
    My homepage how to get your ex boyfriend back

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just made my day!!!. The inside reflect more into the outside, and the outside speak much more you know; so ditch the mirror that says what people never see.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...